Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dad and Me layout

This layout is for Color Combo’s Galore Challenge #210. Here's the inspiration panel:

The colour combo is very pretty, and woodgrain and ledger patterns are some of my favorites, so I used both. The base of the layout is a ledger paper which has been dressed up with quite a bit of stamping. Here's my layout:


The woodgrain, bird and quote were stamped with Archival Coffee ink. The bird was coloured slightly with Rusty Hinge. The starburst and journaling block were stamped with Distress Ink Rusty Hinge. I like how the distress ink looks like it is beneath the woodgrain, although I stamped it second. The ‘Photographs’ and script stamp were stamped with Pumice Stone – using a second generation impression for the script stamp to just give a hint of text. I also used a sheer house accents (fitting with the architectural theme). The three chipboard pieces were covered with cardstock and the heart was stamped with a thank you definition.

The photos are from a photo boot, and I’ve had the third one from this series of four in a little frame on my desk ever since I can remember. I used a somewhat enlarged version of the photos here. Some close up photos:







Thanks so much for visiting!

Supplies: Hero Arts stamps: Woodgrain Pattern S5100, Starburst Lace S5317, Old Letter Writing S4878, Thank you definition CG268; Red Lead Paper Works bird stamp; Tim Holtz Stamper’s Anonymous Element's of Time and Curiosities stamps; GCD journaling frame; Distress Ink: Rusty Hinge, Pumice Stone; Archival ink Coffee; Collections Elements ruler and word; Maya Road sheer house and chipboard frame; GCD heart and bird chipboard; Tim Holtz film strip; Panduro velvet hearts; twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!