Sunday, October 23, 2011

Time to Hike

Today I am posting the fourth of the idea cards Stampscapes printed with my cards. Here's the original post about this. I wanted to do some small, sponged Stampscapes scenes. I normally use glossy paper for my scenic stamping, but here I used ordinary matte cardstock instead.


It is fun making these mini scenes. A circle was cut from white smooth cardstock and dye inks were sponged on top, leaving the middle of the circle lighter and going darker around the edges. I made several of these and then selected stamps that fit with the circles. The stamping was done with green and brown inks. Brown ink was applied to the trunk of the tree and green ink to the leaves. A few flowers were added with a white gel pen. The panel behind the circle is a piece of canvas which was coloured with Distress Stain and water and then stamped with a script stamp. The background cardstock was dry embossed and sanded to create additional texture.

Thanks so much for looking!

Supplies: Stampscapes: Backpackers 002A, Twisting Oak 226E, Foliage 035A; Hero Arts: Old Letter Writing (S4878), Designer Woodgrain (S5208); Archival ink: Olive, Coffee; Distress Ink: Stormy Sky, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo; Distress Stain Peeled Paint; Core’dinations Ranger cardstock (stormy sky); Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies; trim; canvas; twine; white gel pen.

1 comment:

  1. I really really enjoy your cards! They are like little windows!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!