Friday, March 29, 2013

CSI case file #65: 1, 2, 3

Today I am sharing my layout for this week's CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge. This is the last challenge of March. Sizzix has sponsored CSI during March and there is a prize to be won.

My layout:

From the evidence I used: spirals, mini brads and ribbons. And from the testimony, I journaled about the three cousins' different personalities, each cousin got his or her own colour, number and journaling tag. It is hard getting all three of them in one photo, so I was happy about these photos.

I used watercolour paper for the background and splattered watercolours on top to create a playful feeling.

The numbers were made with Tim Holtz new Numbers Set Texture Trades and I used the wax crayon resist technique that I did a tutorial for recently. After embossing the numbers and applying the crayon, I painted them with watercolours, mixing the paints to match the colours of the case file palette.

The arrows were die cut from grungeboard which had first been covered with sticky-back canvas, and coloured with Barn Door Distress Stain.

The crinkle ribbon was dyed with Mustard Seed and Mowed Lawn distress stain.

The little hearts were die cut from grungeboard covered with sticky-back canvas. My son coloured them with his favourite crayons.

Thank you for looking! I hope you will join us this week!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Dies: Sizzix: Hearts Set, Mini Old Jalopy & Arrow, Torn Notebook On the Edge, Tag & Tie
Embossing folders: Sizzix: Texture Trades Numbers Set
Stamp: Hero Arts Conversation Dots LL927
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black
Stain: Distress Stain Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn
Paint: Daler & Rowney watercolours
Surfaces: Tim Holtz Idea-ology grungeboard: Claudine Hellmuth sticky-back canvas; Ranger Specialty Stamping paper
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology crinkle ribbon; Creative Impressions Spiral Clips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!