Saturday, April 6, 2013

CSI case file #66: The perfect meal

Hi everyone! A new month and new fabulous CSI case file. Here's this week's challenge:

I thought I wouldn't have time to do my layout this week, but I had the perfect photos for the combo and didn't want to miss that opportunity so I managed to squeeze in a quick and simple layout.

From the evidence I used: arrrows, heart, something fuzzy (velvet hearts), holes (the picture wheel), white background and I was inspired to do my journaling similar to the text on the inspiration photo. The layout is about the anatomy of a perfect meal, and I also handwrote my journaling. My son loves hot dogs and he was so happy to eat at a hot dog stand by the road, so that he could eat and at the same time watch cars, garbarge trucks, busses, bikes and all other vehicles that drove by. Few meals could ever beat that.

I used Ranger's Specialty Stamping Paper for my layout and stamped the Darkroom Door Stone Background with Weather Vane ink repeatedly. I held the stamp in my hand instead of mounting it on a block for a random impression, especially at the edges. The sentiment words come from another Darkroom Door stamp, where I only inked up different sections, masking off the rest with scrap paper.

The title was die cut with Tim Holtz new Wanted die, using Basic Grey patterned paper. The arrows, clouds, vehicles, and picture wheel were all die cut with Sizzix new Thinlits dies, most of the ones I used are from the Echo Park range.

Journaling: 'The perfect meal. Favourite: hot dog. Perfect company: grandma and mommy. Fun to eat outdoors, birds to look at too. To sit and eat at the road and watch: green garbage trucks, busses, motorbikes, bicicles, cars and people.'

Have a great weekend!!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Dies: Sizzix: Little Boy, All About a Boy, Note to Self, Arrows, Banners, Chevrons & Clouds, Heart Set, Wanted Sizzlits
Stamps: Darkroom Door: Stone Background, Smile Word Block; PSX letter stamps
Ink: Ranger Jenni Bowlin Weather Vane; Archival Jet Black
Surfaces: Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper; BasicGrey 6x6 papers
Embellishments: Panduro velvet hearts

2 comments:

  1. Such a great layout, Anna-Karin - I can absolutely see why you didn't want to miss this colour combo with those lovely photos!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!