Thursday, April 4, 2013

Make your own stencils tutorial

Today I am sharing a step-by-step mixed media tutorial on the Sizzix blog, using dies, embossing folders and paint. It is very popular to use stencils at the moment and a friend of mine asked me where she could find stencils, which got me thinking about a stencil tutorial. With your dies, you can make your own stencils and masks, just perfect for your project.

I made a mixed media canvas (6x6 in) and a card to show different ways of turning your dies into stencils. It's a fun way of getting even more out of your dies. The techniques can be used on any type of project: layouts, cards, tags, off the page, etc. I had so much fun making these.


To see all the steps and close-up photos, head over to the Sizzix blog.

Happy Crafting!!

Anna-Karin

5 comments:

  1. A great canvas and card and it just shows people that you do not always have to go out and buy lots of equipment when we can make our own. Fantastic
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and your creations really inspired me. You are doing a stunning work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The projects look just great... hopping over for a look at the tutorial (I've got no doubt it's amazing!).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely in love with your projects! Love the modeling past for the stencils, such great added texture! Both are masterpieces! Thanks for the comprehensive tutorial on the sizzix blog, I will have to try this sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna-Karin, I am in love with your tutorial and can visualize how cool this technique would be on a PNC. What if you (hint) cut the PNC from clear (hint) and then created one of your 3D stencil/paste butterflies on the front (hint) and then it would look all chunky but also in flight! (hint) If only (hint) someone (hint) would (hint) try (hint) this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!