Sunday, May 19, 2013

Neverland Scenic Stamping

Today I am sharing my second scene for the May challenge at Craft a Scene, 'Ships in the Night'. There is still plenty of time to join us in the challenge.

On my last scene, 'The Black Pearl', Alison left a comment that it reminded her of Peter Pan, which I totally agreed with, and one reason might have been that we have often read Peter Pan at bedtime lately. I thought it was a great idea for another scene. Thank you Alison!

This is another half-sheet scene (8.5 x 5.5 in), done on glossy cardstock and coloured with dye inks. I used the sweet Neverland set from Artistic Outpost for the children and the sentiment. I wanted an island of course and used two new Stampscapes stamps, Rocky Waterside Left and Right for that. They are mirror images of each other. Here's a scene where I used them in another way. I stamped the one fully, and used a stamp positioner to line up the second one to create the island. To reduce the mirrored effect a bit, I added some more pine trees and bushes to the island, and the Stampscapes Spooky Branch sm. stamp was perfect for Peter Pan's hideout, the Hangman's Tree. I used the same ship as on The Black Pearl scene and wished I had a crocodile stamp too. I wanted a rough sea and stamped the Waves Sm. repeatedly. The sky is simple, with just a few clouds and birds.

I was in the mood for a black and white scene. If you have never tried this, I encourage you to try it out, it is a great way to learn about values, shadows and highlights and it is fun doing a scene with very few inks. You could use only black ink, but I like to start out with a lighter grey and used two shades of grey in addition to black. The stars and highlights were added with a white gel pen and quite a bit of mist with white pigment ink, dry-brushed on the scene.

Thank you for stopping by!!

Happy stamping!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Stamps: Artistic Outpost Neverland; Beeswax Ship; Stampscapes: Tree Duo 085A, Cloud Bits 292C, Waves Sm. 297C, Spooky Branch Sm., Rocky Waterside Left 324G, Rocky Waterside Right 325G, Winter Twigs 367B
Ink: Ranger Archival Jet Black ink; Distress Ink: Black Soot; Jenni Bowlin: Weather Vane; Memento: Grey Flannel; Colorbox Frost White
Surface: Kromecote glossy cardstock

3 comments:

  1. What a terrific scene and sentiment for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee... Love that my comment triggered this fabulous scene! The stamping is, as always, amazingly dimensional, and the flying boys are perfect with the quote... So happy to see this, it's put a big smile on my face, so thank you for the bonus of the shout out too!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful scene. Your stamping is so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!