Saturday, September 14, 2013

CSI case file #89 - Role Play

Hello all! Have you seen that CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration has a design team call, you can read all about it here. It is such a fun team to be on, I hope you will apply. Here's this week's case file, with a sketch since it is the second weekend of the month:
 
 
 
My layout:
 
CSI case file 89 - Layers of ink
I loved the sketch and the theme about quirks and used these shark hat photos to tell a story of all the different role play games that we do at the moment. From the evidence items I used: animal accents, dots, brackets, two fonts, and dotted lines. The journaling is really long and I wrote it on a paper placed behind the layout. My son loves role play and usually it is me who has to do the various voices, although he often tells me what I must say. He tells his soft toys about his day every evening, cars speak, all new toys speak, he is sometimes a shark, a Viking, a troll, and so on. Some of the various roles have been going for a long time and I have to try to remember all the different voices I need to use, otherwise he will correct me.
 
I found a BoBunny paper which fit the colours really well, but it was too busy for my liking, so I smeared gesso on top to tone down the colours. It was stamped with a text stamp and with Prima messy stitching stamps. I also added some texture paste dots.
 
The strips to the sides were painted with watercolour paint, stamped with an arrow background stamp and Viridian Archival Ink and dots were added by smearing texture paste through a stencil. The title was die cut with two different Sizzix alphabet dies. I used to love to use brackets on my layouts and it was fun doing that again. I found some old Bazzill chipboard brackets, painted them yellow and stamped with a text stamp.

The elephants were stamped on patterned paper and cut out and the solid ones were stamped with Archival inks, so were all the circles.

These Prima messy stitching stamps are really cool. Although I love to stitch directly on layouts too, this is very easy and they can also be used on surfaces that you can't really get through your sewing machine.

Thank you for looking!! I hope you will join us this week!

Happy scrapping!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: BoBunny patterned paper; MME 6 x 6 papers; Studio Calico 6 x 6 pad
Dies: Sizzix: Inside Out, Wanted
Stamps: Hero Arts: Elephants CL280, Many Dots CL519, Arrows Background S5769; Prima: Lines, Circles; Hampton Art/7 Gypsies text
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Viridian, Jet Black, Sap Green, Venetian Orange, Saffron; Stazon Jet Black
Paint: Daler & Rowney watercolour paint; Adirondack: Lemonade
Medium: Artist Golden Paint: Light Molding Paste, Gesso
Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop: Mini Swiss Dots
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Words Remnant Rubs; Bazzill chipboard brackets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!