Sunday, November 17, 2013

Deer in Winter Forest

Hello stampers! Today I am posting my second scene for this month's Craft a Scene challenge - Trees, Trees, Trees.
 
I always have fun with this streaky Stylus technique. If you check out Kevin Nakagawa's Stampscapes 101 YouTube channel, there will be several examples of this technique, for example this video. My card is a winter version of a forest scene I did a couple of years ago, Working on glossy cardstock, I applied dye inks with my Colorbpx Stylus tool, starting with the lightest shade (Aqua) and leaving some of the paper white in the centre. I was aiming for a ray of light in the centre of the scene. I continued with darker blue inks, and finished with black just at the edge.

The trees were stamped with Denim ink, using both first and second generation impressions. The fainter second generation impressions (stamped without reinking) look like they are further away. The deer and the branches in the foreground were stamped with Jet Black ink, wiping off the ink at the base of the deer's legs first, so that it looks like it is standing in snow.

Highlights were added with a white gel pen and just a little bit of mist by dry-brushing white pigment ink between the trees.

Thank you for looking! There is still plenty of time to join us in the challenge!

Happy stamping!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampscapes: Buck Lg. 009B, Migrating Birds 152D, Pine Tree 196F, Winter Bush 366C, Scenic Sentiment Sheet 7
Ink: Adirondack: Aqua, Stonewashed, Denim; Distress Ink: Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot; Archival Ink: Jet Black; Colorbox Frost White
Surface: Kromecote glossy cardstock

10 comments:

  1. hello Anna-Karin,
    amazing! beautiful stamping have you done to make this marvelous scene!!
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love how you made the white in the center. Really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beauty - love this card to bits - a real joy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely marvellous, Anna-Karin - and so atmospheric!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is card is amazing! I love how you created the scene, and I can't wait to give this technique a try

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your works! they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the blue colors. Great design Edna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!