Sunday, January 5, 2014

CSI case file #104 - A White Paper

Hello everyone! The first CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge of the year is up. CSI is also turning two years old, I am happy to have been on the DT from the start and can clearly remember making my first layout. If you have never done the challenge, I hope you will. This week's case file:


My layout:

I really liked all the frames on the inspiration photo and used that on my layout too. From the evidence I used: frames, bird, hearts, and polka dots. The journaling is framed and is about smiles and art. There is more journaling at the back of the layout. When I was looking through some photos for the case file I came up on these, which are some of the first photos I took of my son drawing with crayons, something he's been doing almost every day since then. I called the layout 'A White Paper', because of all the things you can create with just a white paper and some crayons.

To fit with the theme, I used crayons on the background too, namely my Gelatos. A light wash of blue was painted on the background first and when that was dry, I just drew some random lines, pretty similar to what he was drawing on the papers in the photo. For the photos, I stamped a frame on acetate with white Stazon ink, also adding a circle. 

The frames were stamped with different colours ink and die cut with the coordinating dies. They are from a Sizzix/7 Gypsies set. I like that this set die cuts the stamped images without a white border. I stamped various Hero Arts images inside the frames.

Most of the sentiment stamps come from Wendy Vecchi, who has designed a lot of great stamp sentiments about art.

Love this sentiment. The washi tape comes from Kelly Purkey.

I also used some tiny wood veneer hearts.

Thank you for looking! I hope you can join us in the first challenge of the year, with many more to come.

Happy scrapping!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Derwent Hot Press Watercolour paper; acetate
Dies: Sizzix/7 Gypsies: Gypsy Frames stamp/die combo
Stamps: Hero Arts: Brushed Frame K5785, Remember AC028, My Favorite AC030, Time AC029, Texture and Shape LP283; Stampers Anonymous Wendy Vecchi: Art Comforts, New York Art, The Purpose of Art
Ink: Ranger Adirondack: Stream pigment ink; Archival Ink: Chrome Yellow, Jet Black; Distress Ink: Worn Lipstick; Tsukineko Stazon Cotton White
Paint: Faber-Castell Gelatos: Lemon, Watermelon, Aqua Dolce
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Label Letters; Studio Calico: Tiny Hearts wood veneer; Kelly Purkey washi tape: Name & Date, Teal Polka Dots

1 comment:

  1. Its wonderful ! I loved the various frames you have stamped and that random crayon lines look fab !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!