Thursday, May 8, 2014

Airbrushed Stencils and Masks Tutorial

Hi everyone!! Today I am sharing a step tutorial on the Sizzix blog, for a really fun airbrush technique using Tim Holtz dies and his new Distress Marker Spritzer.

One of my favourite things to do with my dies, is to use them to make my own stencils and masks. Ever since I first saw the Butterfly Frenzy die, I knew it was going to make a gorgeous stencil. In this tutorial, I am using it together with the Distress Marker Spritzer for a great watercolour background on a tag. I also made a little matchbox, showing a variation of the technique. The techniques work just as well for cardmaking, scrapbooking, art journaling and more.

To see the full tutorial, head over to the Sizzix blog.

Thank you for stopping by!!

Anna-Karin

6 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous! I love the colors and the sentiment is lovely. Great idea to use the dies to make stencils (I was actually die cutting something today and thought I could use the left over paper as a stencil). Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this over at Sizzix - totally brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!