Sunday, October 12, 2014

Changes Layout - CSI case file #143

Hello and welcome! I hope you had a good weekend. Today I am sharing my layout for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration case file #143. Here's the case file and sketch:
 
 
 My layout:
I liked the sketch with the banners and the background divided into two blocks. From the evidence I used: mixed media, birds, circles book paper, gears and clouds. From the testimony I was inspired about journaling about something that has been very much on my mind lately. I will share it on the blog in a month or so. The background was coated with gesso and when dry, painted with Iced Spruce and a mix of Evergreen Bough and Peacock Feathers.

The birds were added by smearing Ranger's Texture Paste through a stencil by Dina Wakley. When the paste was dry, I painted it white. I die cut the clouds with a Simon Says Stamp exclusive die and added rub-ons to them.
 
The texture in the gesso gives a nice effect. Some of the paint was rubbed off from the background before it dried completely, by placing a Dina Wakley stencil on the background and rubbing with a moist cloth.

'Smile' is a very useful word to have as a die, this one is from a Sizzix set by KI Memories.

The little man was die cut with a new KI Memories die by Sizzix, and the balloons with a die set by Stephanie Barnard.
 
The banners were die cut with the an Echo Park Sizzix set, as well as the word die cut from this banner. I die cut the banners from a leftover piece of inky glossy cardstock.
 

I also used a word stencil by Dina Wakley, together with the Texture Paste.
 
Thank you so much for looking! I hope you will join us this week!
 
Happy crafting!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney watercolour paper; Bazzill Antique 6 x 6 paper pad; Ranger Gloss Cardstock; Tim Holtz Core'dinations Kraft-Core and Color-Core Cardstock
Dies: Sizzix: You & Me, Documented, Rondeaux, Balloons; Simon Says Stamp: Chevron Clouds
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz: School Desk, Tiny Things
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
Paint: Distress Paint: Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers, Picket Fence
Medium: Ranger: Texture Paste, Dina Wakley Gesso
Stencils: Ranger Dina Wakley: Tracks, Affirmations, Birds in Flight
Embellishments: Tim Holtz idea-ology: Botanicals Remnant Rubs, Life Quotes Remnant Rubs, Words Remnant Rubs, Elements Tissue Tape

1 comment:

  1. Your layouts are always beautiful and this one is no exception. I love the banner and the wonderful textures you created. Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!