Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunshine and Rainbows

Hello everyone! It is time for another CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration layout and I have a sad goodbye to make. This will be my last layout as a member for the CSI Design Team. It was a really hard decision to take and I am going to share the reasons why in a post in a few weeks. I've been on the CSI team since the very start in January 2012 and I have loved working with each and every case file. Debbi Tehrani is a wonderful person and DT leader. I will miss it and I will still play along now and then.  
 
My layout:
 
I loved the mixed media background with all the different dots and did something a little similar on my layout. From the evidence items I used: polka dots, clear shapes, mixed media, hearts, rainbows and. The testimony was inspired by the fairy tale theme, with a pretty broad interpretation. The layout is about a Lollos concert we went to and my son getting to meet the stars of the show. He was so happy.

I coated watercolour paper with gesso, dragging a sponge through it to create a fine lined texture. The dots were stencilled with various Simon Says Stamp exclusive stencils and Dina Wakley Paint. I started with large white circles, then green and red ones and finally the smallest ones with texture paste. The hearts were die cut from mat board, inked red and stamped with a dot stamp. The 'happy' die cut is also by Simon Says Stamp.

The stamped acetate was in my scrap box, stamped with Stazon Cotton White using stamps by Dina Wakley.

I also used frame, heart and flower dies by Simon Says stamp, die cut from white paper.

I love the Heart Parade die as well as this sweet sentiment. The title letters were die cut with the Word Play die, inked with Shabby Shutters and stamped with the same ink.

The label is from the same die set as the frames layered under the photo. I stamped it with a rainbow and added a sentiment. The journaling is tucked behind the layout, because I wrote pretty much.
 
Thank you so much for looking! I was a little sad to write this post, but it helped that the layout was a happy one.
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney Watcolour Paper; Neenah Smooth Solar White cardstock
Dies: Sizzix: Word Play, Mini Hearts; Simon Says Stamp: Happy, Heart Parade, Frames, Tall Flowers
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp: Color and Sunshine, Drawn Heart Background; Ranger Dina Wakley: Textures 
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Sap Green, Vermillion, French Ultramarine; Distress Ink: Barn Door, Shabby Shutters; Tsukineko Cotton White
Paint: Ranger Dina Wakley: White, Ruby, Lime; Distress Paint: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Black Soot
Medium: Ranger Texture Paste
Stencils: Simon Says Stamp: Irregular Dots, Polka Dots Party Set

2 comments:

  1. I will miss you doing these. You always use dies and stamps with such creativity. I also enjoy that you use any brand product on these projects, or combinations thereof. This is another fantastic example! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!