Sunday, March 29, 2015

12 tags of 2015 March

Hi friends! I am happy that I managed to squeeze in some time this weekend to do Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2015 March tag. Since Easter is coming soon, I did an Easter theme on my tag.

Tim's technique with the texture paste and embossing powder is so much fun and I love the texture it created. Instead of using metallic powder, I used Wendy Vecchi's new Tea Rose embossing powder. The colour combination on my tag fits well for Easter and I liked the soft chalky look of the background.

I've inked up this fun stamp by Tim most Easters the past years, it is one of my favourite Easter stamps. On my tag, I wanted it to look like the bunny was reaching for a gumdrop sweet, or maybe kicking it from the ground with his foot in order to catch it in his arms. 

I used the Harlequin stencil, and here you can maybe better see the shine and dimension of the texture paste and embossing powder combination.

The Heirloom Roses were coloured with alcohol ink, to fit with the theme. I love these pretty flowers.

I used Chit Chat stickers for sentiments on my tag. 

In my stash, I happened to find two bells that I got ages ago. They were gold, but I wanted them to be silver, and changed the colour with alcohol ink silver mixative

The tinsel twine was coloured with alcohol ink to give it a vintage look.

Thank you so much for looking!!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:





11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful spring tag, Anna-Karin! Just love all of your layers - so much wonderful detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Easter interpretation of Tim's tag Anna-Karin, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on Tim's March tag.... Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious Easter rendering of the March tag, Anna-Karin - definitely good enough to eat with all those candy colours.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun tag, and so great for this season!! I love your colors, and the use of the Tea Rose embossing powder is perfect, as is the great rabbit stamp!! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fabulous take on Tims Tag Anna karin - beautiful spring colours and I love that stamp set - not seen that one! Fab! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag! The colours are so vibrant and fresh.. Awesome! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tag on his tag and the colours are lovely. Love the bunny stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutley fabulous take on Tim's tag. I love the way you tweaked it with the color and theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!