Friday, April 15, 2016

Explore the Ocean Clear Card

Hello friends! Today I have a clear card to share with you made with gorgeous stamps from my friend Nicole Wright. I am so happy for Nicole, who has designed two stamp sets so far and I am sure there are more to come.

Layers of ink - Explore the Ocean Clear Card by Anna-Karin
The stamp set is called Upstream, and made by Emerald Creek. I just love these Koi fish and had fun making a card where they are placed in their natural environment, water. We had some of these fish when I grew up, and the stamps also made me remember a big dam that one of our relatives had, which had really big Koi fish, but they were hard to spot. We used to stand and look for them for a long time.

Layers of ink - Explore the Ocean Clear Card by Anna-Karin
Here you can see all the six stamps in the set. I didn't use the swirly wave ones to the left. The fish were stamped on the smooth side of Ranger's watercolour paper.

Layers of ink - Explore the Ocean Clear Card by Anna-Karin
I smeared Distress Inks on my craft sheet, misted with water and watercoloured them. Ripe Persimmon was a great colour for the fish, and I used Spiced Marmalade and Candied Apple here and there for variety.

Layers of ink - Explore the Ocean Clear Card by Anna-Karin
The background is a folded piece of acetate, embossed in Tim Holtz Bubbles folder. I love the look of embossed acetate. The sentiment comes from the Adventure Words Script set.

Layers of ink - Explore the Ocean Clear Card by Anna-Karin
At the bottom of the card, I placed a piece of vellum, embossed in the Dot-Matrix folder (my all time favouite embossing folder). To make it look more like sand, I tore a piece of kraft-core cardstock and placed it behind. The sea grass was die cut with the Holiday Greens set, from two different shades of kraft-core. They were carefully sanded and inked.

 Layers of ink - Explore the Ocean Clear Card by Anna-Karin
The big fish was adhered with foam dots.

Layers of ink - Explore the Ocean Clear Card by Anna-Karin
It is hard to photograph transparent cards, you can see the effect better here. I really like the flowing/moving shapes of the fish in this set and it also makes it possible to can fit more stamped images on a card, since they can swim around each other. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Happy stamping!
Anna-Karin

Supplies:

Stamps: Nicole Wright/Emerald Creek: Upstream



11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Anna-Karin,they look as though they are swimming in a pool. What a lovely set of fish stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Anna-Karin this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a genius! Yes I'm saying it again! But Anna-Karin, you grew up around Koi fish! How cool was that? All that great color. See it made an impact on ya��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is just beautiful Anna-Karin! I love popping over to your blog and checking out the amazing inspiration! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally loving it..clear card to resemble water ..Awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful Anna-Karin, I love the sense of movement the acetate creates! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Great ideas for the sand and the sea grass. The koi look like they could swim right off of the card. Great job coloring them and they are great stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so excited to see this and share I forgot to comment! I adore your stunning card. I love the clear and bubbles, the layers of dies and how you inked the Koi! Thank you so much for creating a stunning piece! It's given me some ideas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fabulous! The acrylic background was genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I simply love it!!! Thank you for also sharing the list of the products you use, you make my life so much easier when I have to gather everything I need to start my projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!