Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Watercolor Cacti in a Box Tutorial

Hi friends! One of the things that keeps amazing me when it comes to art-making, is how things you had forgotten or not thought about in years and years, can be brought to mind and remembered, while working on a project. When I was a kid, I loved cacti and had a bunch of mini ones on the windowsill in my room. I had forgotten about that and was reminded of it while being busy with the project below, which is a box filled with paper succulents.

Layers of ink - Watercolor Cacti in a Box Tutorial by Anna-Karin with Succulent Serenity by Sizzix and Lynda Kanase

This tutorial is up on the Sizzix blog now and was made with Lynda Kanase's new Succulent Serenity line, and I used the versatile 2-D and 3-D Succulents set, as well as the Journaling Cards set. They were colored with watercolors to get a wide variation of shades of green. This would make a great gift for someone special, or keep it for yourself.

For step photos and lots of close-ups, you'll have to head over to my Watercolor Succulents tutorial on the Sizzix blog.

Thank you so much for visiting today!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:



1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!